Wednesday 2 November 2011

Down These Strange Streets The Postman Doesn't Cometh!

My intentions were to write a little about the new Diana Gabaldon story "Lord John and the Plague of Zombies" but it ain't going to happen just yet!  The reason is that whilst I have purchased a copy of the said book from ebay I am still sitting waiting (not so) patiently for the postman to deliver it.  I'm trying to give the ebay seller the benefit of the doubt but it doesn't really take a week for it to wing it's way to me and I'm beginning to worry.

Firstly he has a very recent negative comment to his name and secondly the book went for a pittance when all the other copies on ebay are selling for treble that.  I think he's planning on pulling a fast one to try to get more money for it which isn't fair and is really annoying.  If he wanted more money why the hell didn't he start the bidding higher?

I'm trying not to panic but I want to read it NOW!

We'll see what tomorrow brings and if it does arrive I'll apologise to the seller and give him glowing feedback but if not I'm on the war path!

No comments: