Friday 3 June 2011

Lord John And The Scottish Prisoner!

Unless you have been living under a rock you'll be aware that Diana Gabaldon's latest book is in the last stages of being written and hopefully "Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner" will be released (sounds like the books been on parole!) either in the autumn of this year or the spring of next year.  Currently there is some uncertainty because the British publishers want to go with the autumn and the US publishers want the spring but only time will tell!

It seems like such a long time before we see it but I'm sure it will pass fairly quickly and before you know if it will be in the shops, or in my case on my door mat!  If you don't already follow Diana Gabaldon on Twitter (@writer_dg) she is supplying two small snippets of the book each day as the writing progresses.

I have to say that at the moment I am really really really looking forward to this book, dare I say it, even more so than book 8. Mainly because I adore Lord John and the way the relationship between him and Jamie ended in "Brotherhood of The Blade" left me a little bit upset. It's going to be so interesting to find out how they went from that kind of antagonism to being friends.

No comments: