Sunday 5 June 2011

All Fanmade Outlander Videos Should Be This Good!

I've seen plenty of fanmade Outlander videos on Youtube and some have been quite good but I've yet to be as impressed as I have been about the latest one which was posted just a few days ago.  It basically tells the story of Outlander by using clips from other movies but the whole thing just sits so nicely together.

I'm not a huge fan of some of the casting choices but that isn't the motive behind the video, it's a kind of collage of clips which make a beautiful piece of video.  I have to admit that it doesn't bode well for me sitting dry eyed through the real movie (or mini-series) as I had a big lump in my throat just watching the end of this video! I could have lived without the Claire and Frank love scene though!


6 comments:

Annie said...

Very nice! Anyone know the movie used for the underground spring portion? It's exactly what I pictured when reading!

Mrs Cookie said...

Annie,

I think it could be from Agora but I might be wrong. It is an absolutely perfect outlanderesque scene though!

Annie said...

Mrs. Cookie,
Apparently, the underground spring is from "Swept From the Sea." Thanks for the great find! :)

Anonymous said...

I think this is about the most well done Outlander video to day. i don't know if I could watch a "real" Outlander movie/mini series.

LadyDuBois

sheila said...

EXCELLENT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just change Jamie. Gerard Butler has the nose the eyes and is beautiful with long hair. Use Chris Hemsworth for Roger. The rest are alright except Claire should be Rachel Weis. Mimzy